Cain & Abel v4.9.31 ReleasedJune 7, 2009 – 8:35 PM
Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, recovering wireless network keys, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols. The program does not exploit any software vulnerabilities or bugs that could not be fixed with little effort. It covers some security aspects/weakness present in protocol’s standards, authentication methods and caching mechanisms; its main purpose is the simplified recovery of passwords and credentials from various sources, however it also ships some “non standard” utilities for Microsoft Windows users.
- SIPS Man-in-the-Middle Sniffer (TCP port 5061; successfully tested with Microsoft Office Communicator with chained certificates).
- Added support for RTP G726-64WB codec (Wengo speex replacement ) in VoIP sniffer.
- X509 certificate’s extensions are now preserved in chained fake certificates generated by Certificate Collector.
- Extended ASCII characters support for SSID in Passive Wireless Scanner.
- Some bugs in Cain’s Traceroute fixed.