Snort 2.8.1 ReleasedApril 3, 2008 – 6:23 PM
- Target-Based support to allow rules to use an attribute table describing services running on various hosts on the network. Eliminates reliance on port-based rules.
- Support for GRE encapsulation for both IPv4 & IPv6.
- Support for IP over IP tunneling for both IPv4 & IPv6.
- SSL preprocessor to allow ability to not inspect encrypted traffic.
- Ability to read mulitple PCAPs from the command line.
- Support for new CVS rule detection options.
- Update to HTTP Inspect to identify overly long HTTP header fields.
- Updates to IPv6 support, including changes to avoid namespace conflicts for certain Operating systems.
- Updates to address issues seen on various Sparc platforms.
- Stricter enforcement of shared object versions to avoid API conflicts.