Install TweetDeck In UbuntuFebruary 1, 2009 – 12:34 PM
TweetDeck is an Adobe Air desktop application that is currently in public beta. It aims to evolve the existing functionality of Twitter by taking an abundance of information i.e twitter feeds, and breaking it down into more manageable bite sized pieces.
To install this in Ubuntu, follow the below steps:
- Go here and download the latest package of Adobe Air for Linux:
- Open a Terminal and browse to where you downloaded the installer file (at the time of this post it was called “AdobeAIRInstaller.bin”)
- Type chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin and press Enter
- Type sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin and press Enter
- Enter your password and this will launch the installer. Follow the prompts accordingly.
- Now go here and download the TweetDeck Air file:
- Open with Adobe Air and install the application by following the prompts. You will need your Admin password.
That’s it. You are done.
2 Responses to “Install TweetDeck In Ubuntu”
Thanks so much! This is the simple guide I needed. A bunch of other sites complicated this process way more than necessary. Awesome!
By cary on Jul 3, 2009
for a very detailed & current Text Version.
By Joerg on Oct 3, 2011