Wireshark 1.2 ReleasedJune 17, 2009 – 7:43 AM
Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark 1.2.0 has been released. This is the new stable release branch of Wireshark and many new and exciting features have been added since 1.0 was released.
In this release:
- Wireshark has a spiffy new start page.
- Display filters now autocomplete.
- A 64-bit Windows (x64) installer is now provided.
- Support for the c-ares resolver library has been added. It has many advantages over ADNS.
- Many new protocol dissectors and capture file formats have been added.
- Macintosh OS X support has been improved.
- GeoIP database lookups.
- OpenStreetMap + GeoIP integration.
- Improved Postscript(R) print output.
- The preference handling code is now much smarter about changes.
- Support for Pcap-ng, the next-generation capture file format.
- Support for process information correlation via IPFIX.
- Column widths are now saved.
- The last used configuration profile is now saved.
- Protocol preferences are changeable from the packet details context menu.
- Support for IP packet comparison.
- Capinfos now shows the average packet rate.