VirtualBox 2.2.4 ReleasedMay 30, 2009 – 6:34 AM
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
This is a maintenance release. The following items were ﬁxed and/or added:
- Windows Installer: ﬁxed a potential hang during installation
- Windows Installer: ﬁxed several problems
- Solaris hosts: make it work with Solaris build 114 or later
- Solaris hosts: ﬁxed a bug serial port character handling found during loopback
- Linux hosts: adapted vboxdrv.sh to the latest changes in VBoxManage list runningvms
- Windows hosts: ﬁxed a crash caused by host-only/bridged networking
- Mac OS X hosts: ﬁxed access to host DVD with passthrough disabled
- Guest Additions: ﬁxed problems with KDE 4 not recognizing mouse clicks
- Windows Additions: ﬁxed incorrect 8-bit guest color depth in Windows 7 guests
- GUI: warn if VT-x/AMD-V could not be enabled for guests that require this setting
- VMM: ﬁxed occassional crash due to insufﬁent memory
- VMM: ﬁxed hanging 64 bits Solaris guests
- VMM: restore from a saved state occassionally failed
- Clipboard: ﬁxed a deadlock while shutting down the shared clipboard on X11 hosts
- OVF: ﬁxed potential hang during import
- OVF: ﬁxed potential crashes during import/export on Win64 hosts
- VBoxManage modifyhd –compact: ﬁxed bug which could lead to crashes and image corruption
- VBoxManage metrics collect: now ﬂushes the output stream.
- VHD: made VBoxManage internalcommands sethduuid work for .vhd ﬁles
- VHD: some .vhd ﬁles could not be cloned
- VMDK: ﬁxed creating snapshots
- NAT: improvement of TCP connection establisment
- NAT: ﬁxed order of DNS servers in DHCP lease
- NAT: ﬁxed DHCP lease for multiple name servers
- NAT: ﬁxed a potential segfault if the host lost its connectivity
- Shared Folders: deny access to parent directories on Windows hosts
- Shared Folders: make rm/rmdir work with Solaris guests on Windows hosts
- Networking: ﬁxed the problem with blocked receiving thread when a broadcast packet arrives too early to be handled by uninitialized e1000 adapter.
- Networking: ﬁxed the problem that caused host freezes/crashes when using bridged mode with host’s interface having RX checksum ofﬂoading on. Fixes problems with TX ofﬂoading as well
- PXE boot: Added support for PRO/1000 MT Server adapter.
- Python bindings: ﬁxed keyword conﬂict
- SCSI: ﬁxed occasional crashes on Win64
- Serial: allow to redirect the serial port to a raw ﬁle
- VRDP: ﬁxed a rare incorrect screen update
You must be logged in to post a comment.